I was lucky enough to get a sneak peek at this amazing book by M J Rose. It arrived in the mail on a Saturday afternoon and I took a quick peak at it…5 hours later I was still reading as I got dinner and 4 hours after that, Mr Kate was wrenching it out of my hands so that he could go to sleep.
When he asked me what was so good about it and whether he’d like it, I had no hesitation in recommending it to him. I told him that for me, it was like the thinking woman’s Da Vinci Code. It has the same fast pace and elements of mystery, terror and suspense as the DC and a lot more. The characters are all so well drawn that you get pulled right into the story along with them.
I finished the book Sunday lunchtime and couldn’t stop thinking about it. It was doubly hard because no one else I knew had got to read it yet and I was dying to talk about it with someone else. (It’s a bit like the Harry Potter books, I always finish first then haunt everyone else until they do too)
I’m going to steal a bit of the book blurb to share with you because they did a far better job of describing the book than I could (you all know my blurbing limits)
“A bomb in Rome. A flash of bluish white light and photographer Josh Ryder’s world exploded. From that instant, nothing would ever be the same.
As Josh recovers, his mind is increasingly invaded with thoughts that have the emotion, the intensity, the intimacy of memories. But they are not his memories. They are ancient…and violent. A battery of medical and psychological tests can’t explain Josh’s baffling symptoms. and the memories have an urgency that he can’t ignore-pulling him to save a woman named Sabrina…and the treasures she is protecting.
But who is Sabrina?
Desperate for answers, Josh turns to the world renowned Phoenix Foundation-a research facility that scientifically documents cases of past life experiences. His findings there lead him to an archaeological dig and to Professor Gabriella Chase who has discovered an ancient tomb-a tomb with a powerful secret that threatens to merge the past with the present.Here, the dead call out to the living and murders of the past become murders of the present.”
Seriously, if you enjoyed the Da Vinci code and would like to see what an incredibly skilled female writer can do with a similar idea, read this book, you won’t be disappointed.
Borrowed this from Mel but I have to say it’s scarily accurate!
There are 25 letters in your name.
Those 25 letters total to 136
There are 10 vowels and 15 consonants in your name.
What your first name means:
Latin Female Pure, clear. Form of the Latin ‘Katharina’, from the Greek ‘Aikaterina’. It was borne by a number of saints, including St Catherine of Alexandria, a 4th century martyr who suffered torture on a spiked wheel.
Irish Female Variant of Katherine: Pure. Clear. Innocent. From the Gaelic form Caitlin.
Greek Female Pure. Famous bearer: Catherine the Great, Empress of Russia.
French Female Pure, clear. Form of the Latin Katharina, from the Greek Aikaterina. It was borne by a number of saints, including St Catherine of Alexandria, a 4th century martyr who suffered torture on a spiked wheel.
Anglo-Saxon Female Innocent.
Your number is: 1
The characteristics of #1 are: Initiating action, pioneering, leading, independent, attaining, individual.
The expression or destiny for #1:
A number 1 Expression denotes the skilled executive with keen administrative capabilities. You must develop the capacity to be a fine leader, sales executive, or promoter. You have the tools to become an original person with a creative approach to problem solving, and a penchant for initiating action. Someone may have to follow behind you to handle the details, but you know how to get things going and make things happen. You have a good mind and the ability to use it for your advancement. Because of these factors, you have much potential for achievement and financial rewards. Frequently, this expression belongs to one running a business or striving to achieve a level of accomplishment on ones talents and efforts. You have little need for much supervision, preferring to act on your own with little restraint. You are both ambitious and determined. Self-confident and self-reliant must be yours, as you develop a strong unyielding will and the courage of your convictions.
Although you fear loneliness, you want to be left alone. You fear routine and being in a rut. You often jump the gun because you are afraid of being left behind.
The negative attributes of the 1 Expression are egotism and a self-centered approach to life. This is an aggressive number and if it is over-emphasized it is very hard to live with. You do not have to be overly aggressive to fulfill your destiny. The 1 has a natural instinct to dominate and to be the boss; adhering to the concept of being number One. Again, you do not have to dominate and destroy in order to lead and manage.
Your Soul Urge number is: 7
A Soul Urge number of 7 means:
With a number 7 Soul Urge you are very fond of reading, and retreating to periods of being alone and away from the disruptions of the outer world. You like to dream and develop you idealistic understandings, to study and analyze, to gain knowledge and wisdom. You may be too laid back and withdrawn to really succeed in the business world, and you will be much more comfortable in circumstances that are tolerant of your reserve, your analytical approach, and your desire to use your mind rather than your physical being.
You are very timid around people that you don’t know very well, so much so at times that casual conversation and social situations can be strained. You tend to repress your emotions to the extend that some people have a good bit of difficult understanding you. You tend to be very selective with friends and you don’t easily adapt to new environments or to new people very quickly.
The negative traits of the 7 include becoming too much the introvert and isolated from others.
Your Inner Dream number is: 3
An Inner Dream number of 3 means:
You dream of artistic expression; writing, painting, music. You would seek to more freely express your inner feeling and obtain more enjoyment from life. You also dream of being more popular, likable, and appreciated.
try it here:
Well, there have been a few less than blissful moments, childbirth comes to mind, but overall I’m very happy with Mr Kate. and I think he’s very happy with me. (That’s a snippet of him above dressed as Mr Darcy avec moi for a fancy dress party) Seeing as I came up with 20 fabulous reasons why I still love him last anniversary, I only need to add one more to make 21!
Here’s the original 20 for anyone who missed it:
1. Mr Kate is not his real name.(gasp) When I told him I was writing a blog I was given strict instructions not to name him because he is a high up lardy-dah business type person.
2. Mr Kate now has several fans who work with him who read my blog and think it is hilarious that a big lardy-dah business man gets called Mr Kate.
3. Mr Kate is very fit. He goes to the gym three times a week and also rides a horse. I swear there is not an inch of flab to pinch on the man.
4. The first time we kissed, I knew I was going to marry him.
5. The first time we kissed, Mr Kate knew that we were going to have a problem avoiding over-bites.
6. On one of our first dates, Mr Kate scratched the immortal words “DD 4 CH” within a heart into the brickwork by my front door with his keys-where it still remains (as far as I know)
7. Mr Kate always writes the above message in every card he gives me.
8 Mr Kate likes AC/DC and loud rock music. He also had a fine collection of black T-shirts bearing band names when I first met him-come to think of it he still does.
9. Mr Kate also has a secret liking for Shania Twain and the occasional Madonna song. I’m sorry but his pathetic excuse of accidentally taking “Ray of Light’ on his business trips didn’t wash with me. I know he knows the words and can even be coaxed into the occasional philisophical discussion about what in the world will Madonna do next?
10. Mr Kate doesn’t drink coffee much as he is totally wired. If he was growing up these days he’d be classified as having ADHD. In our day, he was simply made to stand in the corner and told that he’d never make anything of himself.
11. As a kid his first dream job was ‘bin man’
12. He supports Manchester United football team (loser)
13. His second dream job was ‘astronaut’. He’s still a total space addict. If he gets really rich I expect he’ll book himself a seat on a moon tour. (alone)
14. Mr Kate used to think it was funny to leap out at me and scare me. He doesn’t do it so much anymore because once I nearly expired with fright.
15. After our first ten years of marriage Mr Kate told me that he’d realized that when I shared something with him, it didn’t necessarily mean that I was asking him to fix it for me or tell me what to do. He had discovered empathy-a big moment in a man’s life.
16. After our first fifteen years of marriage he stopped taking my shoes upstairs and let me leave them on the bottom of the stairs. (did I mention he’s a cleaning nazi?)
17. He always tells me I look nice. Sometimes I have to stamp on his toes until he’ll tell me what he really thinks.
18. He thinks I look better without make up (he thinks I don’t wear it snort)
19. He loves me despite the fact that the first time he took me to dinner at his parents I lost a whole fried tomato up my sleeve and got trifle in my hair.
20. When our daughter was born, he got up at four a.m. every morning to feed her so that I could sleep and never missed a night.
and here’s 21:
He puts up with people elbowing him aside to ask me about being an erotic romance writer and he doesn’t even sulk about it.
The Romance Studio:
This week’s 5 Heart Sweetheart chosen by subscribers of The Buzz…
“What an amazingly rich and engrossing story! I was hooked from the very beginning and absolutely did not stop reading until the very end. I loved how Lauren’s emotions and attitude were so easily understood by Grayson, and his feelings were so strong and reliable. This is one cowboy you don’t want to miss! I hope to read more by this very talented author in the future.” – Lisa Freeman
Buy it today!
I’m all set now…
for greatness in the world of romance fiction
How can it be otherwise?
I have my Jane Austen action figure (with desk and quill pen) and now I have my Nora Roberts ‘signed’ bobblehead.
Every morning I rub their little heads and start writing…
how can I fail?
Edited to add the Jane Austen action figure and a link to buy!